The Kunming International Philharmonic announces the auditions for the season 2020-2021 for the following positions:
- String instruments: violin, viola, cello
- Woodwind instruments: flute, oboe, clarinet
- Brass: trumpet, french horn, trombone
- Vocal ensemble singers: soprano, mezzo soprano, tenor, bass
- The Applicants from 21 years old can participate in the auditions
- Diploma of higher professional education (degree not lower than “Bachelor”, must be available at the time of application)
- At least 3-year experience at the professional orchestras
- The Applicants must be available for employment from November 1, 2020
To participate in the auditions, it is necessary to submit the application on our website and send by e-mail [email protected] your video of the required repertoire (links or video files). Records should be made no earlier than 1st of September, 2020.
The required repertoire and the sheet music can be found in the section «Required repertoire» on our website. Solo performances can be presented with or without piano accompaniment. Please make recordings of the audition repertoire in separate takes for each piece of the solo repertoire and one take for all orchestral excerpts.
Closing date for applications: November 30, 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the email specified in the Application form.
Salary and Benefits:
- Basic salary rate 8000 RMB – 12000 RMB (≈$1200 – $1700) per month before taxes; depend on position in the orchestra sections; will be discussed after receiving the application and audition materials
- Air ticket to Kunming (economy class)
- Accommodation/travel subsidy of 2000 RMB per month
- Additional payments for teaching and touring activities